Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rom Con 2011

I'm in Denver right now at RomCon 2011 and it got me to thinking. I know I thanked my readers in AS YOU WISH (see the acknowledgements) but I wonder if you know just how much you mean to us authors and to me personally. I'm not the kind of person to squeal, or jump up and down, or visibly demonstrate my emotions. Basically I was taught not to trust exposing one's emotions to the world. I tend to appear reserved, stoic and serious when you first get to know me. I don't dislike that aspect of me, but sometimes I wish I could just let go and whoop with abandon. I had a reader approach me here at RomCon and she told me how much she enjoyed my book. I was thrilled. I of course thanked her, gave her a trading card of my latest cover, and a little tchotchke that I'd brought with me, but inside I was whooping.

Deep inside I'm rather shy (I think I've said that before). The feelings and the exhilaration were all there; I just have trouble showing it. You can't overcome years (years and years--I had a birthday last week) of behavior. But that doesn't mean I don't feel it.

So to my readers: Thank you. You are appreciated. You are valued, and I can't begin to tell you how much you mean to me. No, really, I can't. :)

--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Silk is for Seduction y Loretta Chase
Heartless by Gail Carriger

No comments:

Post a Comment