Wednesday, May 23, 2012

True Confessions


Have you ever learned something about someone that shocked you? Well, prepare to be shocked. I'm about to make some true confessions.
1. I'm not a fan of chocolate. It's okay, as long as it's milk and filled with nuts or peanut butter, and not fruit. All those article that tout the health benefits of dark chocolate? Lost on me because I really dislike dark chocolate.
2. I'm not a fan of coffee. Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy it with tons of cream and sugar so it tastes like hot, melted coffee ice cream (one of my favorite flavors), but black? Yuck. Again, those recent health benefits they've discovered? Yeah, I'm out of luck on those too.
3.I don't like olives, not black, not green, not stuffed, not pickled. I will use olive oil to cook, but don't put them on my pizzas, my Mexican food, or in my salads. And speaking of Mexican food...
4. I like Taco Bell. Okay, I don't really count it as Mexican food because I really like Mexican food, but I do like Taco Bell. I know I shouldn't and purists will laugh at me, but I told you it was confession time.
5. Be prepared for this one. I tried, but I just couldn't get into Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. I like other Joss Whedon stuff (Firefly, which I just discovered, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog), but not Buffy. Don't worry. I'm not team Edward either. (Ooo, and this might count as a confession too--I haven't seen Avengers yet. I plan to, but graduations and then foot surgery got  in the way.)
6. I am lazy by nature. Sure, you can argue since I have actually had books published that I am disciplined, but I'd argue I've succeeded in spite of my natural lazy inclinations. I think the reason I can actually hold a job or write a book is that my sense of responsibility is hyperactive. At least that's what my husband says.
Okay, I feel better now. Have anything you'd like to get off your chest?
--Gabi
Books I'm reading now:
From the Corner of his Eye by Dean Koontz

No comments:

Post a Comment