Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I love Cheese


No, not the dairy kind (Actually, I do love the diary kind too). I mean the emotional schmaltz that brings sappy tears to the eyes or laughter to the lips or cheers to the throngs. Let's face it: the world would be a better place if it were cheesier. We'd have more happy endings, more villains getting their just deserts, more moments of laughter, more real causes to root for, more fun.

Things on my list of sublime cheesiness: flash mobs ; Disney movies; Hallmark commercials; superheroes; happy endings; puppies; balloons; showy proposals; old people holding hands; romance novels. How can you not like them? Cheesy things make the world livable, renew your faith in mankind, and just give you a warm feeling overall.
Ballons a group of readers surprised me with yesterday. The blue one says "Make a Wish"
So I hereby promise to live my life with all the cheesy goodness I can. I will forget on occasion, I'm sure, but long live the cheese. Life is too short to take it too seriously.
--Gabi
Books I'm reading now:
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

1 comment: