Tuesday, July 10, 2012

You want to see me in person, right?


In about two weeks I will be in Anaheim at the RWA National Convention. There will be a huge signing (HUGE--400 plus authors) on July 25 at the Anaheim Convention Center from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. No outside books will be allowed because this is a signing for literacy. All proceeds go to combating illiteracy in America, with a portion going to a local agency. Authors won't be set up in alphabetical order, however. All attendees will be given a map, and each table will have a number.  So be sure to look for me under Gabi Stevens. A little complicated, but we all know romance readers are smart.
In addition, I'm speaking at the conference on Saturday afternoon (July 28) at 12:45 PM on "The Meaning of Life: Theme." I love this topic. ALl about the meaning of the books we love to read. Yes, despite what you may think, all books have themes and I'm going to help my listeners suss out the meanings of theirs. Honestly, we don't set out to write about meaning--we just try to tell a story--but it happens anyway. Remember back in school when you used to question your teachers whether the author meant to put such meaning into their books. Of course they didn't. It happens anyway. And that's what I'm talking about.
I hope I'll see some of you in Anaheim. I may be tired at the signing. If all goes as planned, I'm doing Disney the day before. :)
And a month after RWA I'll be in Albuquerque at Bubonicon, but more on that later.
--Gabi
Books I'm reading now:
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment